What am I think 2day?

I'm tired want to sleep all day if I can.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mother Tongue By Amy Tan

When I read this journal in my English book, I think it something that can relate to me. Mother Tongue is a story that describe the mother speak a limited English throughout her life. When her mother speak English to the other people such as in department store, bank, restaurant and etc. Those people pretend not to understand her and think that she don't deserve a good service. She grew up as a replacement for her mother, she translate, compliant, and yelled for her mother. She was growing up to help her mother against the world of English. Because she grew up with her mother, as for her she think that her mother English is clear and understandable, but in a way Amy was a little ashamed of her mother English because it was not imperfect to her. Amy Tan said that in school she was never perfect with English, but always do so well in other subject.

In this story, I say that it relate to me because my life was more like that. I'm the oldest of two in the family so I have to translate everything for my parents such as letters, report, and other things in English. I was often pretend to be my mother so I can help her ask about some bill problem. I don't like to complaint about things, but I do often complaint about the bills that my mother receive. As I grew older it doesn't get easier, she been asking me to do everything. I not mind, but it just make me mad in someway that I have to be the mother of the house help with things that I don't want to do. I just want to be a regular teenager girl for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment